1) Soundtrack of my Life – Elements of Music Analysis Project for Middle School
2) Create a Music-Themed Podcast – Podcasting for the Music Classroom
3) Meaning In Music – Intro Lesson & Poster Assignment for Middle School
4) Musical Genres Intro Lesson and Digital Project
These musical projects will be sure to engage your students! This resource includes both a ready-to-print package AND a Google slides version of each project. In each project, students are able engage in project-based learning to critically think about and discuss a musical topic of their choice, reflect on how music affects them and the world around them.
In the Soundtrack of my Life – Elements of Music Analysis Project, students will be asked to:
The Create a Music-Themed Podcast – Podcasting for the Music Classroom Project includes:
The Meaning In Music – Intro Lesson & Poster Assignment includes:
– Introduction Lesson & Teacher Answer Key, with suggestions of potential student responses
– Meaning In Music Poster Assignment, where students will be asked to choose one song that has had an impact on our society. Students will be asked to create a poster representing their song, and write a paragraph outlining the impact of this song including how 3 musical elements are used to express the meaning of their chosen song. The assignment includes:
– Extension Activity: Listening Response Worksheet
The Musical Genres Intro Lesson and Digital Project includes:
2. Genres of Music Presentation Project
Rubrics are also included with each project for assessment, including a success criteria checklist that students can refer too while completing the assignment and before they submit.
Purchase of this product includes 2 versions of the resource: a printable PDF and a Google Slides version, that is intended to be used on Google Apps such as Google Slides and Google Classroom. A ‘Google Classroom Help’ guide is also included to help answer any questions you may have regarding uploading the product correctly for your students.